Saturday, November 19, 2005

Start

It has been hard to believe that it's almost December - the weather has been very nice most of the time, with sunny days and blue skies. We had a little snow, but it soon melted. The apartment I'm sharing with Myra is on the fifth floor (up eight flights of stairs - no elevator) of a typical prewar building in Berlin. The blocks are built round a courtyard (hinter hof) so every room has a window. Apart from having to lug everything up all the stairs, the flat is quite luxurious with central heating and nice rooms - kitchen, bathroom, large front bedroom with tv (that's Myra's room) and another with a sliding wall off the kitchen (that's mine) - I have been doing some drawing in there and I like the access to the kitchen sink.
Beds are comfy and I can get BBC world service on the radio or play cd's too.
Since my old laptop was stolen just before the trip, I managed to finance the purchase of a new mac ibook through the university and have been learning gradually how to use it here. I also bought a new little digital camera and have been enjoying documenting my trip and downloading the pics each night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home